Saturday, November 6, 2010

Thankful Day 6.

Today Im thankful for my religion and the things that I believe in. Yes Im not the best at reading scriptures, praying, going to church, or attending the temple but that doesnt mean I dont believe in them. Im so thankful that Daniel showed me this church for what it really is. I use to hate the LDS church for no reason. But for some reason it just kept showing up in my life. Its always been there. Even when I didnt live in Utah. I never wanted to give it a chance until Daniel came along. I knew Daniel was special and I knew I wanted to be with him. So I figured Ill give this church a chance why not. I remember to this day the first time I decided to read a Book of Mormon. I was staying the night at Daryls (I did that a lot back then) everyone was asleep in the house and I was alone in the basement laying on the couch. I started reading the beginning of it where it talks about the witnesses (Im sure you all know what part of talking about) at the very front before all books. I just remember getting this warm feeling inside and tears streaming down my face. My heart just felt so heavy. At this point in my life I felt like I was close to God but something was missing no matter what I did but at this point I felt like this is what I have been missing in my life. I finished reading the witness statements and started praying asking if this was true, while bawling my eyes out. I knew right away it was. It felt like the Lord was telling me, "finally you see what Ive been trying to show you." After that I decided I was going to join the church not for Daniel but for ME! I knew it was what I was missing and what I needed in my life. Then you all know how the story goes, me and Daniel start dating a month later we get engaged, six months later we get married and a year later we get sealed in the Logan Temple for all time and eternity! Im so thankful for that! Im so happy that he will be mine forever and so will my children. It makes me so happy. I love this church and everything it stands for. I believe everything I am taught. Even though to this day I still havent read the whole Book of Mormon (Im still trying) I know its true and I love reading it. I believe Joseph Smith is a true prophet of God and he saw Jesus and the Father that day in the Scared Grove. I love all the leaders of this church and the things they teach us. Im so thankful for the Lord and the blessing he gives me. Im thankful that he died for me and that he forgives me even though Im not a great person. Im thankful he loves me for who I am and knows that I am trying. I love that the church is in my life and Im happy I get to teach it to my children and I hope they choose to live it and love it like I do. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and I couldnt be happier!

No comments: